Friday, October 5, 2012

White Flower Wolfgang

Photo by: Ruben Hernandez
I took this photo of a white rose close up because I wanted to viewer to see the little unique ridges in the flower. My f stop was 5.7 and I used a 55mm lens. I shot about 0.3m from the flower and I made sure to get inside the flower because that’s where the most complex parts of the flower are. Originally my photo was extremely dark and flat but I used levels and curves to brighten it up. I also adjusted the contrast and saturation.

1 comment:

Miranda Farlow- PHS said...

I like the hints of yellow and pink that are in this picture. I like the cropping of this photo because it gives you some of the flower, but not all of it and you can see the depth of field used.
The lighting of this photo is good, maybe the lighting on the flower could be a bit brighter. This flower picture gives me a relaxed mood and makes me want to go out and smell a rose!