Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Mirrored Life

Photo by: Colby Knowlton This is a picture of a flower we had in our house that I decided to take pictures of, for my skills review project. I really had to work with the angle of the flower trying to get a close as possible without losing the focus of the reflection on the table, while having the right camera settings like an ISO of 800 for being inside and a white balance of florescent to get the right colors. I was really pleased with how the picture turned out as a whole. If there was anything I could have done differently I probably could have found a more interesting place to get a reflection of the flower than just on a table.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the colors in this picture because although you don’t have many colors, the vibrant orange really pops out. I also like the reflection or mirror effect the flower has with the table because it makes the picture unique and different from just a cliché picture of a flower. I wish you used the Rule of Thirds more effectively; however it’s a great shot! Overall, good job.

Brooke- ERHS

Ashley-FPHS said...

I like this picture because I like the way the flower makes a reflection on the water. I also like the colors, since theyre very bright, and the picture is very in focus.

Anonymous said...

I liked the bright colors and the reflection of the flower with in depth of field with the flower really in focus it makes it look the flower is sitting on air looking at its reflection in the mirror. The Tone and background really brought the orange color,
background goes from light to dark with the orange flower in the middle contrasting the colors.
Ma-FPHS