Thursday, October 4, 2012

Riding solo

Photo by: Londyn Tate I was practicing panning. Panning is a really awesome photography style I just learned this year. At first when I knew panning was our first assignment I was overwhelmed and frustrated. But after my second day practicing the panning style I got this photo which I was proud of and excited to turn in. I tried panning with four of my friends on longboards, and I even got a few photos of them that turned out while I was riding my longboard at the exact same time. I had to get my camera settings to work well with the fast pace of my subject Which was 1/15 of a second.

4 comments:

Sierra M. -ERHS said...

Good picture! I like how you got the girl like perfectly in focus while everything is blurry. You got rules of thirds down. Color is perfect. Looks almost photoshopped.

Anonymous said...

Great panning. The motion blur is clean and straight. You subject does seem posed which depletes and possibility of telling a story with this photo. Exposure and contrast seem right on and the light on her upper body gives the photo a warm feel. Nice job and try to tell a story next time rather than taking a posed shot.

Bailey B-Rogers said...

This is an awesome photo. The panning is perfect. Everything around the girl is completely not in focus, but the girl is in perfect focus. The lighting is also really good.

Anonymous said...

I really like how the long boarder is in focus and everything else looks like it’s moving really fast. You should have taken the picture from the other side of her though so she doesn’t have to turn around.
Brett-ERHS