Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Art of Cheer

Photo
by: Anika V. Bates In this photo, the King of the Hill game was my focus. I was practicing photojournalism, and I felt really good about this game. For the past three years, the King of Hill game has always been a great photo opportunity. I love the expressions you see in this girl’s face, she seems to really be enjoying what she’s doing. I was quite happy with the results because of the lighting I got and the expression on the cheerleaders face.

3 comments:

Sierra M. -ERHS said...

Good picture! I like how the one girl is in focus while the other cheerleaders are blurry, but you can still tell they are doing the same thing. Rule of thirds is good! Very good picture.

Anonymous said...

I like how all the cheerleaders are doing the same thing with their arms and it gets more out of focus the further down it goes. If I could change anything, I would take out the one cheerleader in the back.
Brett-ERHS

Unknown said...

I really like that you did capture the expression on the cheerleader gives the photo character. I think the photo looks cool on how you got the one girl focused and then the rest of then blur out. I think it’s an interesting angle on how you captured all the girls. This is a wonderful photo, you should keep doing what you are doing!--Megan M. PHS