Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Fall

Photo by: Angela Salyer
I chose this photo because it was my favorite picture I took with a macro lens. This was my first time shooting with macro and I absolutely loved it. I thought that this was a unique angle for a pinecone and I loved that the outer black crust was in focus along with the center point of the pinecone instead of the outer layers. If I could reshoot this picture, I would try different angles with the same subject to see what kind of focus variety I could get.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This photo looks a little oversaturated. The focus is good and the framing is nice. It’s not head on and provides more depth from this angle. Nice shot.
Brianne C. - ERHS

Sierra M. -ERHS said...

A very unique perspective on the pinecone? Very good at filling the frame! Depth of field is good! Color is vibrant and out there. Good job!

Anonymous said...

You did a good job of focusing in on the middle of your subject. I also like how close up you were. By this angle, I could hardly tell that it was a pine cone! Overall, nice job on filling the frame and the depth of field. Nice shot!

Brooke- ERHS