Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Losing Color

Photo by: Makenzy Jensen
I had attempted to get with water droplets on the flower to be clear and in focus the most. I tried to flip my lens to get really up close and personal with the flower but it didn’t really work with what I wanted to do. I then tried to use the macro lens and just get close to the flower and this was my result. The really unique thing about this image that I really liked is the background of the photo came out to be very dark and black and the color of the flower was not very bright it looked antiqued which I actually really loved. I am very happy with the result of this photo and my goal which was the water droplets on the flower to be in focus was complete.

4 comments:

Emma Harold- PHS said...

The contrast between the flower and the background and the visibility of the water droplets

balance




the focus is awesome look at the drops of waters!


Soft and antique like.

Miranda Farlow-PHS said...

I like how close this photo was taken. There is not too much color to this photo but I like the effect that the light pink color adds. It shows that the flower is slowly dying. I like the focus of this photo because you can see the rain drops on the petal of the flower. This photo makes me happy because it shows that fall is here and I love fall!

Anonymous said...

You did a great job with the contrast between the background and your main subject. The water droplets are clearly in focus, and the color of the flower isn’t overpowering. You used a good depth of field, and the flower looks as if it’s popping out of the frame. It’s a soft and easy picture to look at. Great work!

Brooke- ERHS

Anonymous said...

I like how the photographer got the water drops on the petals to show up along with the color of the petals.
I can easily tell that the single center of interest was used in the photo.
The lighting is incredible, the focus made the details sharp and very clear to see. Job well done
Anderson, C - PHS