Thursday, October 4, 2012

Life in Time

Photo by: Samantha Ong Mrs. Sarell always mentioned that students tend to shy away from the 50mm lens, and I took up the challenge to use it and at least give it a chance. The only difficulty I had was telling my feet to move back or forth instead of having to use the lens to zoom. I didn’t mind, because as soon as I saw the pictures on my computer, I was so happy and excited that it turned out so well. I decided to put a slight antique feel which was inspired by a shot that I took that made the picture look yellow and warm. For now, my first attempt in using the 50mm lens was a success and I think it could be one of my favorite lenses because of the low aperture.

3 comments:

Kelcey Olson said...

Definitely nothing wrong with using a fixed lens! I've used nothing but 50mm for the past three years and love it. For lovely photo, I like that the background doesn't have an distracting elements other than the fence line, but it isn't going through the subject so it's not too bothersome. And maybe less of a yellow overlay on the whole photo. Bringing out more of the orange and green on the plant would be nice.

RachaelA-RHS said...

I like the simplicity of this photo. The color of the plant, although faded a tad, stands out from the background color. It gives the feel of simple beauty. I like how the light touches the tops of the berries and the leaves.

Claire-ERHS said...

I love how much room there is above the subject in this photo, it makes the color scheme and shallow depth of field even more effective than they would have been in a closer picture. The brightness of the orange against the “old” coloration creates a very interesting and oddly antique mood that I really enjoy.