Monday, November 1, 2010

Locked Up: A Shed’s Life


Photo by: Wynn Michael Wesson

The great Ansel Adams once said, and I believe he was targeting me, with the phrase, “A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.” This is how I feel about my photograph presented today. Although I feel my photograph speaks for itself, it is my task to write about it, which I despise when such a great photograph needs no description. The assignment was Macro photography and with a few experiences in this field under my belt, I was ready to take the challenge. My photography style is wild and instantaneous, which helped provide for a smart and elegant photograph. A shed’s lock. With my macro lens attached, I captured greatness through one photograph. It took only one shot, because my settings were in the correct order and I do not take a photograph unless I know it will turn out extravagant. This was a riveting experience and as Ansel Adams said before me, this photograph truly speaks for itself.

2 comments:

Ciri F. - PHS said...

This is an amazing photo! One of my favorites. I love how effortless it is… It seems to have not needed any photo shopping.
The depth of field is really awesome! This picture makes me want to start using a macro lens. The mood that goes along with this picture is probably very exciting. I’d say it was sad because of the idea it portrays but I got excited when I saw this because its so good!

PHS-Machuca said...

I like that the bolt in this picture is in focus really well and you can see its texture. It looks worn and antique.