Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Autumn


Photo by: Clarissa McDonald

I took this picture during the morning when the sun has just come out. I actually didn’t do anything special for this picture; it was more of an accident. I was really taking pictures of people’s expression for my class’s September theme. I was just walking along next to these trees and decided to take pictures just for the fun of it. This came out and I really liked it. You can see the textures of the tree bark. I like how the lines on the leaf are outline. I also like the silhouette of the leaf. I think the only thing I would change is the angle, maybe if I took it on a more unique angle it would have look better.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The colors in this photo are beautiful. This looks like the quintessence of autumn. I love that you can see the shadow of another leaf behind the main red one. I also think it's really nice that you can still see all the green from the other trees in the background. -- AB SPHS

Anonymous said...

This photo is a perfect example of autumn. I like how close you were able to get and filled the whole frame.
Sam-ERHS

Tiffany T-PHS said...

I really like that this photo has so much emphasis on the foreground of the leaves and the bark on the tree. The background green really brings out the colors of the leaves. I love the depth of field, it’s done excellently in this photo. It creates a mood of fall and vibrance.

Anonymous said...

This is a great colorful picture. The red leaf and the green bushes do good on the eye! I also like the shadows on the leaf, it gives it some more character. Great job!

ERHS

Anonymous said...

I love the colors in this picture. And the green how its blurred out.

-Cameron Hames
FPHS

PHS- Kelly said...

The colors in this photo are beautiful. I love that you can see the shadow of another leaf behind the main red leaf. I also think it's nice that you can see the green from the other trees in the background; it really brings out the colors in the leaves. Good rules of third.

Anonymous said...

Nice framing, great depth of field, it fills the frame; it has nice lighting, a great shot in almost every way! Great work!

RJ W. - ERHS