Friday, October 1, 2010

One Single Flower Standing


Photo by: Halee Dew


One of the cloudy day’s we have in the beautiful state of Washington I decided that instead of being bored out of my mind I was going to go experiment with my macro lens. While walking around my neighborhood I saw a flower bed with only one flower standing while the others were lying on the ground. When I was trying to get the perfect shot I was making it a priority to make that one flower the single center of interest. I set my iso to 200 and my shutter speed to 250. Then I proceeded to get as close to the flower as I could, granted it took a few shots, but I finally got the picture I wanted. I like the photo I took because you can tell what my focus of the photograph it and how you can see all the details of the center of the flower.

1 comment:

Mariah D-PHS said...

I love the colors of this photo, how the flower itself is so bright, but the background is just as warm and colorful.How you used the rule of thirds is really interesting, not how most people do. Instead of the background taking 2/3 of the photo, the foreground does.The depth of field is quite interesting too. I like how you can see the petal details almost perfectly.
Good Job :)