Friday, October 1, 2010

Mystical Poisonous Berry


Photo by: Brayden Michael Richards, III

Well see here young photographers, I know many of you strive to be like me and achieve the same work that I have compiled. So I will let you, my little apprentices, in on a little secret. First off, I camped out under this beautiful tree for hours just waiting for the perfect lighting. My quest to pure excellence began with twisting on my macro lens and putting my camera into the correct settings; like daylight white balance, the correct ISO, and nice quick shutter speed. My angle was extremely unique because I was lying on a bush to get this beauty. I knew that I didn’t have to try to get amazing pictures but this one turned out especially good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What I really like about this picture is the contrast between the bright red of the berry and the darker greens in the background. I also like how the berry is the only thing in focus; it really brings more attention to the main subject. Great job.

-J.C ERHS

Anonymous said...

This photo is ok, but I’m certainly not enthralled by the excellence of this photo. I believe that modesty is a vital virtue, so one can appreciate your fantastic ways of deciding camera settings, or your very uncomfortable positioning. You’ve worked very hard to capture the beauty of some berries.

Well executed but I feel like I’ve seen this photo on every other high school photo blog.

-Xavier

erhs