Friday, October 1, 2010

Hey Jude


Photo by: Danielle Gintz

I took this photograph of The Beatles record Hey Jude for a photo skills review assignment. I wanted to get a sort of unique view of the record and use the grooves of it in the shot somehow so I did a close up shot. To get the picture I used a shutter speed of 1/5 seconds with an F-stop of 4 and 1600 ISO since there was so little light in the room. I like how there is a single stream of light cutting across the album towards the apple in the middle and how the background is totally black. If I could change anything it would be to have a longer depth of field so that more of the record could have been in focus.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice photo. I like the shining on the close part of the record. I also love the apple (I am a big Beatles fan). Good use of filling the frame. A nice, dark mood. Overall A nice shot.

RJ W. - ERHS

Anonymous said...

This picture is nice. I like it. But I think the glare in the record throws the picture off just a bit. This picture makes me think of like back in the day. It’s a cool picture.

-K.O ERHS

Brigitte F - PHS said...

I like this photo because it is mostly dark but light is still in it. It is a balanced photo. The element of comp. used is rule of thirds. The apple on the record is off to the side and the reflection of light is off to the side. The mood this photo reflects is romantic in my opinion.