Friday, October 1, 2010

In the Moment


Photo by: Josh Palmer

This photo to me really stood out the most compared to the rest that I took at this game. What I really was trying to do in this shot was to really capture the player’s emotion when heading towards the ball carrier. As you can see his expression was much focused and you can just tell ultimately what his goal was. To get this shot I was shooting at a ISO of 800 which is extremely high for an outdoor setting but on that day it just so happen to be raining constantly and cloudy so not a lot of light was coming in, I also had my F-stop 9.5 which again is high for outdoor but the whether was just not being cooperative, my shutter speed was 1/2000 on this picture because I really wanted to capture as much activity as I could in the 5 second intervals football is played in. A couple things that I would change in this photo would be ISO and my F-stop. Next time I am going to shooting at a low ISO and a low F-stop to let my light in. But despite that I was very happy with how this photo turned out.

No comments: