Thursday, April 29, 2010

Little Leaves


Photo by: Monica Watson
I took this photograph for our extreme macro project. I am really happy with how this picture turned out because it was my first time using the reverse lens technique. Doing the reverse lens technique is difficult because you have to really get close to the objects and find the spot where the object finally is in focus. I had a lot of fun taking pictures for this project because macro photography is my favorite type of photography. I used curves to enhance this photo and I increased the contrast. Overall I am really happy with this picture and how it turned out, especially the vibrant greens that I captured.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This picture is so pretty. I love how the background is blurred out so that the leaf really stands out. The green color is very vibrant and makes me eager for good weather. The crop is perfect, because it leaves out some of the green leaf. There is a lot of detail and really stands out. Nice job! -KS, SPHS

Anonymous said...

I like how the leaf is so in focus and close that you can see all of the detail in it. Also that the leaf takes up the left of the frame and that there is nothing else on the right side. This makes the leaf the definite focus and allows the picture to not be overwhelming or confusing.
-Nicole ERHS