Thursday, April 29, 2010

Cougar Spirit


Photo by: Mikaela Mattes
I took this photo for my commercial photography assignment. I had these boots that represent the Washington State University Cougars, and I felt it would be cool to do a theme around “Cougar Spirit”. I watered down my driveway to give the photo that Washington weather feel to it, also adding more to the photo with the reflections and the ripples of the water as I had my mom jump up and down. I made this photo black and white and after, I brought back the color in the boots to really emphasize Washington States colors. I also added the text to give the photo more of a push for advertisement of Washington State, as this was a commercial photography assignment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The idea of this picture is really enjoyable. I like how you are showing your spirit for a team you support; it makes the picture have a story. I like the water ripples and how you can see some of the reflection of the boots.
-JB ERHS

Anonymous said...

I really like this picture because you get the message across that you are advertising Washington State Cougars. I also like this picture because the puddle looks so cool! You definitely filled the frame really nicely. The lighting is nice in this picture as well.
NS, ERHS