Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Who Needs Gravity


Photo by: Isaac Han

What I really attempted to do in this photo was to really catch my friend Khrys Ross the Boss in action. I actually had to take this photo a million times before I really go this perfect one that is posted right now. For this photo I adjusted the shutter speed so that it was high but not too high and the fact is that for any photo you just kind of have to mess with the camera until you get the right shutter speed. Also what is really unique about this photo is that my friend Khrys Ross the Boss is on the vert wall in a Seattle skate park. I’m actually really satisfied with this photo because the lighting and everything was good that day because it was nice sunny day. What I would have done differently on this probably get a little higher shutter speed just because I feel like it’s a little blurry but not enough to be noticeable.

4 comments:

Ciri F - PHS said...

I like the vertical wall and angles. The guy looks like he’s going to start flying!
The lighting is nice; I really enjoy the color scheme.
The mood is exciting, I’d like to see this happen in real-time.

Anonymous said...

This picture is amazing! the angle it was taken at and the position Khrys Ross the Boss is in gives the picture a dramatic energetic feeling. the color scheme and lighting also makes it really nice to look at and help your subject stand out. you did a great job. THIS PICTURE IS EPIC.

Anonymous said...

I really like the lighting in this photo. However I like the moment that you captured the shot even more because I can’t imagine how long it took you to get it! The line and curves of the skate park really made the picture showing that he is really defying gravity. Overall it is a fantastic photo, good job!

ST-FPHS

Anonymous said...

Nice job! I like that the focus is on the skateboarder looks like he’s flying. I like that the picture grabs your attention. Also shows great rule of thirds. Also I like the lighting and the curve on the ramp. Great job on the picture.
Luis Zuniga / FPHS