Friday, January 28, 2011

The Panache of Perfection


Photo by: Wynn Michael Wesson III

Honestly Defining Range, HDR, is one project that I spoke through with a glorious photograph. While accidently stumbling upon a field, my camera seemed to be drawn to this disintegrating excuse of a fence. Was it fate or something more? Deciding it to be a moment that might not last forever, I threw out my tripod, prepared my camera with a staggering shutter speed of 1/250 second, an F-Stop of 4.0, an HDR setting of +2 and -2, and began to do what I do best. Within one attempt, I had captured a photograph worthy of blog posting. I don’t want to toot my own horn here, but I believe that this photograph could win the national title for HDR. I hope you enjoy this photograph and that it brings you into an alternate universe of perfection and beauty.

8 comments:

Ciri F. - PHS said...

I love Wynn!!!!
And I love this because of the depth of field. Wynn, your photography is great. The color and texture is fantastic.
The lighting is awesome! I love the clarity.
The mood is happy and I love it.

Anonymous said...

The lack of bright colors really makes this photo pop! The angle of the camera looking up is really nice. The texture of the bark is nice also and the criss-crossing lines at the top of the photo are cool. Overall, it is a great photo to look at. Great job! ^~^

EEC - SPHS

Anonymous said...

I like this picture because almost the whole frame is in focus. I like how well you can see the grooves and grain in the wood and also the choice to saturate the picture really added a more antique mood. I love it!
-Nicole ERHS

Anonymous said...

This is a really cool photograph. I like the lack of color, and the way the picture looks up on the fence is really cool. It makes it seem like you are an ant or some other small insect, and the picture really makes you feel small. This is really cool and great job!

SL at SPHS

PHS-Machuca said...

I like how at first you can’t tell what this picture is of because of the really interesting angle. The texture is really cool here also.

Anonymous said...

I love the sharpness of this photo. It looks like I’m actually looking at the cracked wood. It has great depth, too, and the lines lead me through the whole photo. This photo really caught my eye.

-MM ERHS

Anonymous said...

I think you did a great job with the leading lines, and the texture. I like how simple, yet beautiful it is. The focus is so good I feel like I could reach out and touch the bark. Great job.

Anonymous said...

At first, I didn’t know this wasa fence. I thought it was maybe a table or something. I like the first impression of this picture. The depth of field is great. The tree at the top of the fence is blurred and the beginning starts blurred. I like the detail you can see in the wood. Theres also leading lines, and it draws you to the end. I think its looks really cool. Even though the colours are real blain, I like the colours and how it feels somewhat dark.
Lindsey C - FPHS