Thursday, January 7, 2010

Pom


Haylie Watson

I took this picture in Seattle at Pike Place Market on a field trip. I took this picture because I like how there is one open pomegranate in the middle of all the others. It shows the inside beauty of this fruit. In photoshop, I made the photo black and white then brought the saturation back a little bit. Then, I used the history brush to bring back the natural color of the open pom. To finish it, I used the burn tool and made the edges darker to make sure the one pomegranate was the center of interest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this picture. The way the light and dark red of the pomegranate make the light pomegranate stand out more. This is really cool because it shows the way the fruit look whole and halved.
DPE-ERHS

Anonymous said...

I really like this photo because it has a lot of different aspects that is eye catching. First of all, there are different textures represented in the shot. I like how one of the pomegranates are open—it gives the photo depth and looks very interesting overall. I also like the different colors because it draws the eyes to certain parts. All in all this pictures is really cool; I never knew how the inside of a pomegranate look like.
-JNB ERHS