Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Fish Outta Water


Photo by: Emily Dymond

I took this in Pike Place Market, on our Seattle fieldtrip. I like this photo because it is sort of chaotic but still not too busy. I like the look of the dark hallways and the mingled people going about there day and shopping. It is really hard to take any picture in pike place because of the dark neon lighting, so I was please with the results. I brightened this photo up in Photoshop, used levels and cropped it a little but other than that there was nothing else I did.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like how clear the focus is on the second neon sign and how you portrayed the use of lines. This picture can tell a story about all the commotion about in Seattle.

ERHS-SM

Suki T- PHS said...

I like the old style feeling of this photo a lot, it works. Positioning of the subjects is good, lighting and focus is great as well. I don’t know if I like the gradient starting at the top of the picture, but otherwise, great photo.
I love the vibrant colors of the picture and the position of the sign. I love how the neon signs go further back and give it dimension. The busy mood of the market it gives off it wonderful.