Thursday, March 3, 2011

Tea and truffles


Photo by: Mae Snaer

The assignment I chose to show was for food photography. The recipe I did was chocolate truffles. In this photo I did a short depth of focus to get the blur of the tea cup in the background. Only to focus on my main dessert, the truffles, so the eyes don’t wander off into other parts of the photo. The background I picked gave it a very dreamy look to it and I thought that it give off a relaxed feel to it. I used as much natural light as possible to make it more appealing compared to indoor lights. One thing I noticed is the more natural light, the more the shutter speed has to be higher which makes it easier so I don’t get as much shake.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very great photo! I like that the picture shows great depth of field. I also liked that you used rule of thirds. I also liked the colors in the picture.
Luis Zuniga / FPHS

Anonymous said...

I love the depth of field in this picture. The background color is very calming.

Shianne/PHS

Anonymous said...

What I really like about this picture is the depth of field. I like how you chose to focus on the chocolate truffles, and I enjoy looking at the texture. Good job!
Malisa R.-FPHS

Jordan P. said...

OMG i love this picture!! I love chocolate also! Blurring the background and focusing on the main subject, chocolate, was a good idea vs nothing being blured. Great picture!

Anonymous said...

The detail on this picture is amazing. It sets a great mood eat food. Also the lighting is perfect and the depth of field effect is good. Everything is focused on the food but with a beautiful background, nice work.

Anonymous said...

I really love this picture. The different layers of depth add so much to the composition and really emphasizes the chocolatey treat in the foreground. The color scheme also adds a pleasing tone to the mood of an afternoon spent with tea and truffles.