Friday, February 3, 2012

Frozen In Time

Photo by: Justin Balas During the week of the crazy snow/ice storm, I utilized my time to capture some magnificent shots of this incredible weather! I was wandering around my neighborhood when I came up with the idea that I was in the Arctic Tundra and based my shots off of this theme. Not only was it fun creative play, I turned out some rather impressive shots that captured the essence of a barren and frozen wasteland. This photo depicts a fossil-like theme centered in a frozen setting. This photo wraps me in the icy environment of winter, simply by looking at it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really love this photo! It’s so simple yet really nice. Great shot!
Amber G. PHS

Anonymous said...

This photo is amazing. i love how the background ice is the same color as the ice around the leaf. I also like how the ice around the leaf is in the shape of the leaf. Overall, this picture is simple, but very unique and interesting.
Hailey Emmons-FPHS

Sierra M. -ERHS said...

I really like this photo, but it is a little boring. If you were to have left the leaf its original color and made the rest of the picture black and white, it might add some life. You did very well on the rule of thirds! It is well focused.

Ju-PHS said...

I like how well you made the focus be on the leaf by making the background and the ice around the leaf the same color. Great picture!