Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Resting Place


Photo by: Heather Greenwood

I had the perfect opportunity to take stop-action pictures of birds flying within their coop, but before the birds became disrupted by my presence, I got the chance to capture the peaceful nature of the doves. First I took this with the intent of using rule of thirds, but I ended up executing it wrong by putting it in a horizontal format. The picture had too much “dead space” of blank wood. I cropped it into a vertical format, still trying to capture rule of thirds, and it looked a lot better. I love how the colors are all alike and very gentle, adding to the atmosphere of calm. I also like the way the dove’s whiteness stands out and draws attention to the subject; it also keeps the photo “alive”.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This picture is beautiful I love the way the photographer is focused on the bird. The bird is the main subject and the picture over all looks great