Monday, March 1, 2010

Cherry Blossoms


By: Estefania Zavala
Recently, I set out with the intent to shoot pictures that would become black and white images. I thought it would be interesting to see how a macro image of a blossom tree would come out in black and white and was pleasantly surprised. I think that since pictures of flowers are usually shot in color, I did not expect to like this image as much as I do. I also love macro photography so the incorporation of the two was something I was happy with. This was taken in Orting with a Nikon D40,18-55mm lens with a Canon 52 mm Close Up lens attachment.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The black and white for this picture is a really nice effect. The rule of thirds is used awesome and I like the depth of field. The flower is pretty.
-JB ERHS

Anonymous said...

Black and white photos are my favorite. You have a great use of depth of field. Although, I believe that you could have made the picture a little lighter. Unless, if you were going for the dark and mysterious mood.
ERHS-SM

Sierra M. -ERHS said...

I like this picture, though it could use a little color! You followed rules of thirds and depth of field. Without the color it makes it kind of mysterious. all in all good picture.