Monday, December 2, 2013

Winter Berries


Photo by: Zoe Lufkin

For this picture I was doing a still life photo shoot, but this particular photo does not seem to qualify. Still, I especially liked the simplicity and contrast between the dark shadows on the lower part while the top is brighter. The branch of berries is being held up perpendicular to the pavement, I love the focus that came of it.  I sort of wish I could have gotten the entire branch/leaves in the picture, but it is still pleasing. The berries may not be the most attractive but the harsh winter idea gives it a strong survivor feeling making it happy.

5 comments:

Steffany-PHS said...

I really like how the berries up from is in focus and the res aren't. It looks great. I also enjoy the tan back ground. It really makes the red berries and the green of the leaves pop.

Steffany-PHS

Anonymous said...

This photo was okay. It has good lighting, good color, and a good focal point. I just don’t really like how this turned out. It’s only focused on one berry and it seems too blurred throughout the rest of the photo. Over all this photo is okay but just doesn’t appeal to me.

-A.A. PHS

Anonymous said...

This photo is alright. The lighting is very well done. It enhances the soft red berries in and out of focus. There’s no unwanted color cast, so it fits very nicely. There is a little bit of wasted space in the photo, but not enough for the untrained eye to notice at first glance. This photo gives a very fuzzy, warm feeling. And I like that.


Mazi-PHS

Mazi L. said...

This photo is alright. The lighting is very well done. It enhances the soft red berries in and out of focus. There’s no unwanted color cast, so it fits very nicely. There is a little bit of wasted space in the photo, but not enough for the untrained eye to notice at first glance. This photo gives a very fuzzy, warm feeling. And I like that.


Mazi-PHS

KayCee said...

I really like how this photo uses Rule of Thirds. I also like how the first berry you see is in focus and the other ones are blurred out. I love when photos use DOF because I think they catch your attention. I think this photo turned out really good.

KayCee-PHS