Monday, December 2, 2013

Fall


Photo by: Selena Shippey
I was trying to get a fall feel through this picture and I used a photo room to create the white background and red leaves I picked from a tree. Once I was in the room I turned up the lighting and arranged the leaves in a circle and used the best and most vibrant leaf for the middle. After I captured the picture I turned every leaf in the photo to black and white and left the middle one red. Then I enhanced the red color to add a feel to it. Then I just fixed the brightness and then rotated it to the correct angle.

2 comments:

Kathryn Kormas said...

This photo made me think for a second that the leaves were floating, or had a transparent background. It’s awesome.
Element of comp that I think was used: Fill the Frame / Center of Interest
The fact that it looks almost like the leaves have no background and that they are just somehow laying there, and all at the same time red, green, and white (Christmas colors) were used, just makes this photo really good for the holidays !

League said...

A very bland feeling, and it doesn’t look aesthetically pleasing enough to the eye. I feel as if more color would benefit this more.

M.League