Thursday, December 1, 2011

Tales for Autumn

Photo by: Heather Greenwood This photo was taken for a Still Life assignment. I was supposed to attempt to duplicate a still life photo I found online. The original was interesting, but it was blurry and the artist had used a modern looking planner-type book for their subject. I thought the surrounding leaves called for a more traditional, old looking novel to be the subject. To make the overall photo look soft and dreamy, I took my aperture down the farthest it could go to blur the background and edges. It ended up blurring more than I had expected, but I decided to keep the effect (now I think it’s too much and I’ll do it a little differently next time).

5 comments:

Sydney H said...

I think this picture was captured perfectly. You can see word on the pages, and the colors really pop out. Very nicely done.
Sydney H. PHS

Aliyah D said...

This photo is very nice. I like how the leaves are spread throughout the book. It makes me want to go sit in the park and read. I like the colors and the natural lighting makes it look fresh and bright. Rule of thirds looks good and the focus is also good. The mood of this photo is nice, I think you should definitely keep this photo, I know I would!
Aliyah D. ERHS

Maranda FPHS said...

This is a really nice picture I like the depth of field. The leaves brighten up the picture and it grabs my attention. This picture is really peaceful and calming I think of peace and relaxing when I see this..
GOOD JOB

Anonymous said...

Really nice composition, this photo has a great autumn feel. Desaturating the green just a little bit would help bring out the leaves more. Overall it's a very lovely photo, good job!

Anonymous said...

I love how this photograph has a theme to it. And I feel an essence of autumn. This has excellent lighting and is perfectly in focus. I can even read the words in the book. Great job!
Madi W. PHS