Thursday, December 1, 2011

The King Has Fallen

Photo by: Brandon Han For this assignment, we were supposed to replicate a photo that we liked on the internet. As one can see from my photo, all I had to do was to let the king lie down and place a bishop standing over it. The lighting was hard to copy since there wasn’t any sunlight the day I took it so I used my lamp light which was white to shine from the corner. However, I did not realize my sister’s homework sitting on the lamp until after I got done editing the picture; it was not supposed to be there. I had to take this picture at 1/60 shutter speed with an ISO of 1600.

2 comments:

seth said...

This picture grabbed my attention because of the simplicity and colors of this picture. It reminds me of when my grandpa used to play chess with me and I would always loose. It has great macro in this picture and has great depth of field.
Seth M-FPHS

Anonymous said...

I like the set up on the chess board and the colors. I would change the background to something else though, (exempting HW on table) because the white and black don't match the lacquered color of the pieces.