Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Illuminated Path

Photo by: Heather Greenwood I love early autumn for the beautiful range of colors backed up by a bright, cloudless sky. I was excited to take fall-themed pictures for our next photo assignment and found this tree and pathway near the Nathan Chapman trail. The sun behind the tree makes the trail behind it bright and warm looking, and it shines through the yellow tree, brightening the leaves even more. The ori
ginal photo was a bit darker and the colors didn’t show up as well, so I used Camera Raw to make the leaves look more yellow and add more warmth to the photo.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like how you positioned the sun in this picture where the sun peaks through the trees and illuminates the leaves. The yellow tint of this picture is cool.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy this picture because it is set in the fall. I think fall colors are gorgeous and can add a warm tone to a picture, just like in this one! The colors and setting is warm and inviting. The only thing I don’t like about the picture is the sun is a little blown out.

Caitlin M. - FPHS

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the colors in this shot, the yellow and the brightness reflecting from the sun gives a warm feeling of fall. Good vertical lines and leading lines. I also like how the fence and tree creates a frame for the background. -Kunresmey,FPHS

Anonymous said...

This is a good photo. It reminds me of one that I took, but much brighter. The lighting is really good and the focal point is clear. Over all this is a good photo.

Amanda A. -PHS