Monday, April 9, 2012

Mama’s Hands

Photo by: Heather Greenwood I took this picture for our portraiture assignment. The goal was to capture a person (personality, who they are, etc.) using other elements such as gesture besides their facial expression. The hands belong to a peaceful and godly woman whose Jesus-like light made an impact on all who met her. I wanted to capture a bit of who she is- the old hands folded in a restful position, the crooked fingers, the contrasting patterns of her clothes. The limited light draws attention to all of these elements and serves to immediately remind me about what she is like.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the dramatic lighting of this picture. The composition is very neat and it could sort of be looked at as rule of thirds: 1/3 black, 1/3 hands, and 1/3 stripes (not exact, but close). I like the pattern of the shirt that gives interest to the black and white picture. My favorite part of this picture is the position of the hands, because it tells the story of this person being tired.
Chloe D. FPHS