Friday, October 25, 2013

Beauty and the Beast


Photo by:  Sadie Armstrong

The dandelion was placed there next to the mushrooms because I saw the potential of the mushrooms and the dandelion, causing a contrast from the dark black spots to the vibrant yellow hue. However after I placed the photo and began tweaking it in Photoshop I soon came to the realization that the picture would in fact, appear more intense and vibrant if it was changed into a black and white photograph. The detail on the delicate flower and the bumps on the mushroom would grow more intense and visually pleasing if the blacks and whites had a greater contrast. With that I went to the black and white feature and adjusted the colors little by little in order to get the amount of black and white and gray in between that I wanted.

 

1 comment:

Kathryn Kormas said...

The textures really pop in this photo. And I think it was a safe move making this photo black and white because this way I have a chance to notice the textures that are going on. Otherwise the colors that may have taken place would of taken place may have distracted me from them.
The element of composition that I think takes place in this photo would be fill the frame.

For some reason this photo reminds me of summer, I’m not 100% sure why, but it does. More like summer in a dessert though. Once again I can’t really pinpoint why though.